Midwest City man arrested on a complaint of possessing child pornography
Freddy Edwards, 61, was arrested on complaints of possession of child pornography by members of the Oklahoma Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
MIDWEST CITY — A man was arrested Wednesday after officials found images of child pornography on a computer at his residence at 721 Jet Drive, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reports.
Freddy Edwards, 61, was arrested on complaints of possession of child pornography and violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
A Guthrie police officer initiated the investigation into sharing child pornography over the Internet, according to the OSBI. Edwards sent multiple child pornography images to the officer, the OSBI reports.
Members of the Oklahoma Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force searched Edward's residence and arrested him, according to the OSBI.
Officials are investigating whether any local children were affected.
Edwards was taken to the Oklahoma County jail, and no bail has been set.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?