Mother arrested on kidnapping complaints after missing Oklahoma children found
An Amber Alert was issued earlier for the Oklahoma boy and girl missing from Lincoln County. The children were found a short time later.
CHANDLER — The mother of two children was arrested Thursday, accused of climbing into the window at the father's home and taking them overnight, authorities said.
Misty Hausam, 30, was arrested on two complaints of kidnapping and one complaint of first-degree burglary, District Attorney Richard Smothermon said. She was booked into the Lincoln County jail.
An Amber Alert was issued for Kylee Nichols, 7, and her 4-year-old brother, Blake Nichols, but was canceled when the children were found safe Thursday afternoon.
According to a probable cause affidavit, Hausam admitted to a Lincoln County sheriff's deputy that she had crawled into the window of the Wellston home where the children had been staying with their father.
Hausam initially told the deputy that she had gone in the front door of the home — which had been locked — but changed her story when confronted with evidence of the break-in, according to the affidavit.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments