Murrah Disaster Relief Fund to be audited
The foundation administering a fund set up to aid those affected by the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on Thursday agreed to an independent audit following criticism over its handling of the fund.
The Murrah Disaster Relief Fund was created in 1995 as a result of an outpouring of financial support from across the country.
"The Oklahoma City Community Foundation has been a national model for fund management for more than 40 years," said Steve Mason, immediate past chairman and current trustee of the foundation that administers the fund. "We welcome the opportunity to shed light on any questions or concerns the public may have about the Disaster Relief Fund."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater