Natural gas leak in downtown Oklahoma City has been repaired
Spokeswoman for Oklahoma Natural Gas said early morning leak Saturday near NW 6 and S Hudson had been repaired and that crews were working to restore service to the area.
A natural gas line that ruptured early Saturday in downtown Oklahoma City has been repaired.
Crews worked through the night to repair the “significant” leak near NW 6 and S Hudson, Oklahoma Natural Gas spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said.
City police officers and firefighters assisted at the scene. No one was forced from their home, Ballard said.
“It could have been a construction issue, but we are looking into what happened,” she said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M