Norman Police Department identifies Tuesday's traffic fatalities
David Tompkins, 27, of Moore, and David Jester, 29, of Norman, died Tuesday in Norman's six-car collision on N Flood Avenue, police reported.
NORMAN — Police have identified the two men who died in Tuesday's six-car collision on N Flood Avenue.
David Tompkins, 27, of Moore, was taken to Norman Regional Hospital where he died.
David Jester, 29, of Norman, was pronounced dead at the scene, police reported.
Preliminary information shows the sport utility vehicle Tompkins was driving crossed into oncoming traffic while traveling south on Flood, Capt. Tom Easley said.
David Lee Gibbs, 48, of Norman, and Robert Thomas Lorrah, 38, of Norman, suffered injuries, Easley said.
The other two drivers involved, Brian Scott McDonald, 21, of Alex, and Nicholas Heath Taylor, 31, of Norman, did not report injuries from the collision, he said.
The collision is being investigated, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit