Norman Police Department identifies Tuesday's traffic fatalities
David Tompkins, 27, of Moore, and David Jester, 29, of Norman, died Tuesday in Norman's six-car collision on N Flood Avenue, police reported.
NORMAN — Police have identified the two men who died in Tuesday's six-car collision on N Flood Avenue.
David Tompkins, 27, of Moore, was taken to Norman Regional Hospital where he died.
David Jester, 29, of Norman, was pronounced dead at the scene, police reported.
Preliminary information shows the sport utility vehicle Tompkins was driving crossed into oncoming traffic while traveling south on Flood, Capt. Tom Easley said.
David Lee Gibbs, 48, of Norman, and Robert Thomas Lorrah, 38, of Norman, suffered injuries, Easley said.
The other two drivers involved, Brian Scott McDonald, 21, of Alex, and Nicholas Heath Taylor, 31, of Norman, did not report injuries from the collision, he said.
The collision is being investigated, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area