Oklahoma 3-year-old dies in accidental shooting, authorities say
The boy, whose name and hometown have not been released, was visiting the home of a relative about four miles southeast of Guthrie when he found the loaded handgun in a bedroom.
GUTHRIE — A 3-year-old boy is dead after shooting himself in the head early Saturday afternoon, authorities said.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ryder Rozier Memorial Fund
Attention: Tyler Smith
101 N Broadway Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
Service 2 p.m. Friday
Messiah Lutheran Church, 3600 Northwest Expressway.
Mercer Adams Funeral Home Bethany.
The boy was visiting a relative at a home in the 1500 block of Derby Lane, about four miles southeast of Guthrie. He found a loaded handgun in a bedroom, Logan County sheriff's Capt. Richard Stephens said.
Stephens said the call came in just after noon. He said criminal charges will not be filed.
The boy's name and hometown were not immediately released.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents