Oklahoma City police identify man who killed himself Tuesday night
Taggart Fuller Dertinger, 27, was identified by Oklahoma City police as the man who killed himself Tuesday night near NW 178 and Portland Avenue.
A man who killed himself Tuesday night in an abandoned building near NW 178 and Portland Avenue has been identified as Taggart Fuller Dertinger, 27, Oklahoma City police said.
Dertinger told dispatchers he had a .22 caliber rifle and a shotgun, and that he wanted to commit “suicide by cop,” according to the incident report.
Police heard one gunshot and found Dertinger dead in the building, according to the report.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?