The Oklahoma City School Board awarded several contracts at its meeting Monday night, including:
• Commercial Roofing Solutions, $706,000 for a new roof at Buchanan Elementary, 4126 NW 18.
• Oklahoma Roofing, $647,000 for a new roof at Hillcrest Elementary, 6421 S Miller.
• Buddy's Produce, $250,000 in additional funding for produce. The original contract was for $2.2 million.
• Greenwood Publishing, also known as Heinemann, $200,000 for literacy intervention materials for kindergartners at some schools throughout the district. The original contract was for $28,000.
• Metropolitan Custodial Service, $114,000 for Cesar Chavez Elementary, 600 SE Grand.
• Eales Electronics Corp., $75,000 for fire alarm inspection and repair.
• Edu Skills, $5,000 for three days of professional training at Northwest Classen High School, 2801 NW 27.
STAFF WRITER CARRIE COPPERNOLL