Oklahoma County sheriff's deputies arrest three after chase
Three people were arrested after a short pursuit, including one wanted in connection with an Oklahoma City homicide.
Oklahoma County sheriff's deputies arrested three people Wednesday — including one wanted on a complaint of accessory to murder — after a short pursuit in northwest Oklahoma City.
Louis Austin, 26, James Hiett, 46, and Sahlimar Plumley, 25, were arrested after a deputy tried to pull a vehicle over at Northwest Expressway and N Rockwell Avenue for an unsafe lane change.
Austin, the driver, refused to stop and the deputy pursued him for about one mile. Austin stopped at a motel in the 6600 block of Northwest Expressway, where he jumped out of the vehicle and ran, according to the sheriff's report.
Hiett, a passenger in the vehicle, was arrested on a complaint of possession of a firearm after a felony conviction after deputies found a loaded handgun.
Deputies found Plumley inside Austin's motel room and discovered she had outstanding Oklahoma City municipal warrants. She also was arrested on complaints of harboring a fugitive, possession of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, the sheriff reported.
Austin was found inside one of the motel rooms. He had several outstanding warrants, including one related to an Oklahoma City police homicide investigation, and warrants in Pottawatomie County and Lincoln County, officials said.
He was arrested on complaints of eluding an officer, possession of a firearm after a felony conviction, transporting a loaded firearm, possession of drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with no insurance and driving with a revoked driver's license.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma