Oklahoma's Turner Falls Park remains closed
Turner Falls Park in Davis remained closed Monday. About 400 people were evacuated Sunday because of flash flooding.
DAVIS — Turner Falls Park remained closed Monday because of floodwaters, park Manager Tom Graham said. The situation will be re-evaluated Tuesday morning, he said.
Videoview all videos
Apr 9Severe thunderstorms are expected to develop late this...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
About 400 people were evacuated Sunday from the tent camping site because of flash flooding. About 65 of them stayed overnight at the Murray County Expo Center near Sulphur, Graham said. Others met family or friends and left.
People in cabins and shelters were allowed to stay overnight in the park, he said.
A Sulphur restaurant served breakfast Monday to those who were evacuated. Later in the morning, buses were used to take campers back to their tents so they could look for their property.
Some campers had water damage, but there were no reports of any tents being washed away, Graham said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims