UPDATE: Oklahoma woman dies in fire near Choctaw
The state fire marshal is investigating. The fire appears to be accidental, a spokeswoman said.
CHOCTAW — A woman died Thursday night after a fire at her apartment complex, authorities said Friday.
The woman, whose name was not released, was found in an upstairs apartment at the Mill Creek Apartments, 14117 SE 29. The address is south of Choctaw in an unincorporated part of Oklahoma County.
Firefighters said arson is not suspected. The fire heavily damaged one apartment; three others had smoke and water damage.
The fire started just before 10 p.m.
The state fire marshal will continue the investigation.
Sheriff John Whetsel said authorities are trying to confirm the victim's identity.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad