Parents arrested in Oklahoma City infant's death
Oklahoma City police arrested Alysha Marie Anderson, 19, and Miguel Antonio Soto, 20, on Sunday in connection with the death of their daughter, a 3-month-old who weighed 3 pounds.
The parents of a malnourished 3-month-old girl were arrested after she died at an Oklahoma City hospital Sunday.
Officers arrested Alysha Marie Anderson, 19, and Miguel Antonio Soto, 20, on three complaints of child neglect.
Videoview all videos
Jun 4Oklahoma City police arrested Alysha Marie Anderson, 19,...
Photoview all photos
According to the police report, officers were called to Southwest Medical Center about 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Police spoke with a doctor who said the baby appeared to be a victim of neglect. She weighed 3 pounds.
The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The doctor told police the baby weighed 6 pounds and 8 ounces at birth and did not have any medical problems, according to the report.
Anderson and Soto are being held in the Oklahoma County jail. Bail was set at $30,000 for each.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City