Arkansas man dies after being struck near Broken Bow
Zachary Garren Smith, 22, of Mena, Ark., died Sunday after he was struck by a vehicle in McCurtain County, Oklahoma. Authorities said he was lying in the center lane of the road before he was hit.
Accident kills pedestrian
BROKEN BOW — A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle and killed early Sunday in McCurtain County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Zachary Garren Smith, 22, of Mena, Ark., was lying in a center lane on U.S. 259 and U.S. 70 about three miles south of Broken Bow about 3 a.m. Sunday when a vehicle struck him, troopers said. The driver of the vehicle and a passenger were not injured in the collision.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister