Plans for Edmond flower shop, new home are approved
Final plat for a renovated building for Designs by Tammy and a new home for the owners was approved this week by Edmond City Council. The project is on 2.1 acres at 2625 W Danforth Road.
EDMOND — A final plat for a flower shop and new home at 2625 W Danforth Road was approved this week by city council members.
Kris and Tammy Kloxin, owners of Designs by Tammy, want to build a new 1,800-square-foot house and renovate a two-story house on the property for their business.
Council members approved the final plat with a variance on the 23,000-square-foot lot for a single-family home site using an aerobic system for wastewater disposal.
An aerobic system is a small-scale sewage treatment system similar to a septic tank system, but which uses an aerobic process for digestion rather than just the anaerobic process used in septic systems.
“In an aerobic system, the wastewater is put in a holding tank and then the treated water is sprayed onto the yard,” City Engineer Steve Manek said.
Oklahoma City-County Health Department regulations require the florist shop to have a septic system, said City Planner Bob Schiermeyer.
A septic system creates an anaerobic bacterial environment in a tank, which decomposes or mineralizes the waste discharged into the tank. It is underground and uses lateral lines, Manek said.
The nearest sanitary sewer line is across the street to the south and would require boring under Danforth Road, Schiermeyer said. There is no sewer line to the north, he said.
No nearby property owners opposed the project.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins