Police arrest Shawnee man on murder, arson complaints after stepfather found dead
Joseph M. Neay, 22, of Shawnee, was arrested hours after firefighters found the body of Marty Lee Jones, 45, inside a burning home at 709 E 11 St.
SHAWNEE — The stepson of a man found dead Friday inside a burning Shawnee home was arrested on murder and arson complaints.
Joseph M. Neay, 22, remained in custody Saturday at the Pottawatomie County Public Safety Center after being arrested by Shawnee police midafternoon Friday, according to The Shawnee News-Star.
Firefighters found the body of Marty Lee Jones, 45, inside a home at 709 E 11 St. earlier that morning, and it appeared he had been stabbed multiple times, Police Chief Russell Frantz told the newspaper.
Frantz said Jones' body was also partially charred in the fire, according to the newspaper.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad