Small fire damages northeast Oklahoma City house

A space heater toppled into a pile of clothes just after 11 a.m. Saturday, igniting a fire that burned the master bedroom and attic at 1144 Carverdale Dr., Oklahoma City fire officials said.
Oklahoman Modified: December 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm •  Published: December 1, 2012
Advertisement
;

Fire damages northeast OKC home

A toppled space heater ignited a small fire Saturday morning in a northeast Oklahoma City home.

Firefighters extinguished the flames at 1144 Carverdale Drive before the fire spread beyond the master bedroom and attic, said Felton Morgan, a battalion chief with the city fire department.

A neighbor reported the fire about 11:15 a.m. after smelling smoke, Morgan said. The home's renters were not there, and no one was injured.

Morgan said firefighters were not sure what knocked the space heater over and into a pile of clothes. Firefighters did not find any pets in the home, he said.

Damage was limited to just a few thousand dollars, he said.

“The mornings have been colder and people start dragging their space heaters out,” he said. “Winter's our worst time of year.”



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Report: Caron Butler close to two-year deal with Detroit Pistons
  2. 2
    It’s harder to be a poor student in the U.S. than in Russia
  3. 3
    Man fatally stabbed in west Tulsa early Sunday
  4. 4
    How brain imaging can be used to predict the stock market
  5. 5
    Bridenstine tours Fort Sill, satisfied with facility's transparency
+ show more