Street near Midwest City municipal building all clear after pipe ruled harmless
Police have cleared the street in front of the city municipal complex. A suspicious piece of pipe was found, but it is not dangerous, police said.
MIDWEST CITY — Police noticed a piece of pipe on the driveway outside the municipal building Tuesday morning, but the pipe is harmless and the street is all clear, Assistant Chief Sid Porter said.
About 8 a.m. the plastic pipe was noticed on the driveway outside the municipal building at 8100 E Reno Ave.
It appeared to have some kind of wire or fuse on it, but a bomb squad determined it was not a pipe bomb. The piece of pipe may have fallen off a vehicle, Porter said.
The street is open to traffic.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims