Update: Missing man found, silver alert canceled
Authorities had reported Michael Smith, 53, missing from south Oklahoma City.
11:05 a.m. Michael Smith has been found and is well, Oklahoma City police report.
6:35 a.m. A Silver Alert has been issued for a mentally disabled man in Oklahoma City, the state Department of Public Safety reports.
Michael Smith, 53, who suffers from brain damage, was reported missing from 10001 S Douglas Ave. about 6 a.m. Wednesday, authorities report.
Smith is white, and he wore dress pants, a tie, a dress shirt, fedora hat and a mid-length, blue coat.
He was on foot.
Check back to NewsOK.com for updates.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed