UPDATE: Oklahoma woman dies in fire near Choctaw
The state fire marshal is investigating. The fire appears to be accidental, a spokeswoman said.
CHOCTAW — A woman died Thursday night after a fire at her apartment complex, authorities said Friday.
The woman, whose name was not released, was found in an upstairs apartment at the Mill Creek Apartments, 14117 SE 29. The address is south of Choctaw in an unincorporated part of Oklahoma County.
Firefighters said arson is not suspected. The fire heavily damaged one apartment; three others had smoke and water damage.
The fire started just before 10 p.m.
The state fire marshal will continue the investigation.
Sheriff John Whetsel said authorities are trying to confirm the victim's identity.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes