UPDATE: Power outages reported in Oklahoma due to weather
Power is out to thousands of homes and businesses in Oklahoma. Thursday morning storms are to blame, Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. reports.
8:40 a.m. There are 4,723 Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. customers statewide without power. Piedmont power is being restored with only 152 outages now as repairs are being made. Aracdia has 1,819 customers without power and Sapulpa has 1,351 power outages Thursday morning, according to the OG&E website.
Videoview all videos
Feb 21Oklahoma City and Edmond public schools have closed for...
Feb 20Widespread precipitation is expected today through...
Photoview all 22 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
7:35 a.m. More than 6,570 power outages are reported by Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. Thursday due to storms. A Tulsa TV station has reported lightning knocked out power to Bartlesville Thursday. In other parts of the state there are 6,570 customers of OG&E without power. Of those outages, 5,231 customers are in the Oklahoma City area. These outages include the following numbers of customers affected: Arcadia, 1,820; Choctaw, 612; Piedmont, 2,011; Norman, 788.
5:30 a.m. PIEDMONT – Another power outage is plaguing Piedmont in stormy weather.
About 2008 electric customers were without power at 5:30 a.m. Thursday, Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. website reports. Weather conditions are to blame.
Piedmont had a power outage Wednesday morning due to weather conditions.
Check back to NewsOK.com for updates.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims