UPDATE: Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Oklahoma counties
A tornado watch has been issued Tuesday for central Oklahoma until noon. High winds, storms and warm temperatures are in the forecast.
6:20 a.m. Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Garfield, Kingfisher, Logan, Noble and Payne counties until 7:15 a.m., the National Weather Service reports.
Videoview all videos
Jan 29Showers and thunderstorms likely before noon then a...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Hail as large as ping pong balls with wind gusts 65 mph or higher is possible, the weather service reports.
5:50 a.m. Large hail is being reported from Clinton to Kingfisher in a severe thunderstorm Tuesday morning. The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for several counties in western Oklahoma. A line of storms is moving northeast.
5 a.m. A tornado watch has been issued for central Oklahoma by the National Weather Service Tuesday.
The watch was issued at 5 a.m. until noon for western and central Oklahoma. Far northwest Texas is also in the watch. Hail up to an inch in diameter is possible with dangerous lightning and winds gusting up to 70 mph, the weather service reports.
A severe thunderstorm warning was also issued for parts of western Oklahoma near Clinton.
Meanwhile, a windy, warm day with showers is in the forecast Tuesday in central Oklahoma, the weather serviced reports.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes