11:30 a.m. The fire is out. Fire Battalion Chief Mike Walker said an electrical short in a power surge protector device used with a television started the fire at 11 a.m. Friday at the Chandelaque Apartments.
Three dogs were rescued.
Only one apartment unit was damaged. No damage estimate is available yet.
The apartment occupant declined to comment.
11:05 a.m. Firefighters are responding to an apartment fire in northwest Oklahoma City.
The building at 5534 N Portland Ave. is being evacuated, according to fire radio reports.
Check back to NewsOK.com for information