Witnesses aid Oklahoma City officer in arrest of three burglary suspects
Two witnesses helped Oklahoma City police apprehend burglary suspects during the investigation of a burglary call at 6219 S Independence Ave.
Two witnesses helped apprehend three suspects running from police Monday morning, Oklahoma City police reported.
Domenick Demond McKinney, 22, Keondray Prince, 17, and Meekael Ramaun Mitchell, 15, were arrested on complaints of burglary and robbery with dangerous weapon.
An officer responded to a call about a burglary in progress about 10 a.m. Monday at an apartment at 6219 S Independence Ave., according to the incident report.
When the officer approached the apartment, McKinney walked out with several items including a large flat screen television wrapped up in a bed sheet.
McKinney went back inside the apartment and locked the deadbolt, according to the report.
The officer called for backup and asked witnesses to watch the back of the apartment as he secured the front.
Briana Griffin, 16, ran from the apartment and told the officer the people in her apartment were robbing her and had guns, the report states.
A short time later, Mitchell walked out of the apartment and was arrested. The officer had a witness, Alberto B. Gandara, 27, watch the victim and Mitchell while he chased after McKinney, who had jumped from a second-story window, according to the report.
McKinney and the officer ended up on opposite sides of a chain-link fence.
The officer saw another witness, who had helped him earlier, on the side with McKinney.
The officer gave the witness, Emilio Gilberto Gandara, 25, his handcuffs and Gandara “was more than happy to handcuff” McKinney, according to the report.
Officers found Prince hiding under a cedar tree on the south side of the apartment complex.
McKinney, Prince and Mitchell are being held at Oklahoma County jail with bail set at $30,000 each.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad