Woman, 75, dies in Oklahoma City hospital after being struck by car
A 75-year-old woman hit by a car driven by a family member has died of head injuries, Norman police report.
NORMAN — A woman hit by a car in a family member's driveway has died, police said.
Chong Dorman, 75, died about 4 a.m. Wednesday at OU Medical Center. She suffered head injuries when a family member backing out of the driveway failed to see her as she walked behind the vehicle, Norman Police Lt. David Teuscher said.
The accident happened about 11 a.m. Friday in the 2800 block of Dalewood Terrace. The 42-year-old woman driving the vehicle was not injured, Teuscher said.
The accident remains under investigation and the name of the driver and her relationship to the victim have not been released.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister