Fernandez, Rolfe leads Fire past Toronto FC
TORONTO (AP) — Alvaro Fernandez and Chris Rolfe scored first-half goals to help the Chicago Fire beat Toronto FC 2-1 on Wednesday in Major League Soccer.
Fernandez opened the scoring with a header in the 13th minute, and Rolfe made it 2-0 in the 42nd.
Eric Hassli scored in the 79th minute for Toronto.
Chicago moved into second place in the East with its fifth victory in six games.
Chicago also won the two previous meetings this season, 3-2 in Toronto and 2-1 in Chicago.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins