• Brickfest, Pauls Valley: The festivities will include authentic Oklahoma blues, rock and red dirt music, inflatable games for the kids, a petting zoo, pie-eating contest, the famous brick toss competition in downtown and at the Santa Fe Depot. The Valley Rally Bike Tour traversing 32, 48 and 62-mile courses through the scenic south-central Oklahoma countryside rides off at 8 a.m. Saturday. Hours are 3 to 11 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Information: www.mainstreetpauls
• Rose Rock Music Festival, Noble: Commemorating the town's designation as the “Rose Rock Capital of the World,” the 31st annual downtown event will feature live music, a parade, car show, poker run, carnival and more. Hours are 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Information: www.noble
• Yukon's Festival of the Child: Yukon celebrates youth with more than 50 activities, including storytelling, pony rides, kayaking, crafts and more at Yukon City Park and Yukon Community Center, 2200 S Holly Ave. The activities are aimed at children ages 12 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Information: www.cityof
• Claremore's Lilac Festival: Festivalgoers can buy and plant a lilac bush in honor of Claremore-born writer Lynn Riggs, who penned the play “Green Grow the Lilacs,” which was adapted into the musical “Oklahoma!” Children's activities, live entertainment, a wiener dog race and a car show also are on the
• Okeene Rattlesnake Round-Up: Billed as the oldest rattlesnake hunt in the world, the 73rd annual event has grown into a full-blown, three-day festival including a parade, carnival, pancake breakfasts, street dances, live music, magic show and a special appearance this year by Okie Noodler Thomas Riggs. The downtown festivities uncoil Friday when snake hunt registration begins; participants must be registered to hunt, buy or sell snakes. Although I shudder at the thought, I should probably mention the Den of Death, where attendees can watch snake handlers put on a show with live snakes. Hours are noon to 10 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m. to midnight Saturday and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday. Information: www.okeene
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.