Filing begins Monday for Oklahoma school board seats
Candidates can declare their intention to run for school board beginning Monday but must have their declarations of candidacy in by 5 p.m. Wednesday to appear on the February 12 ballot.
Candidates who wish to run for their local school board can file for office beginning 8 a.m. Monday and ending 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The statewide annual school board election is scheduled for Feb. 12. Several seats are open in the metro area.
NewsOK Related Articles
Potential candidates must file their declarations of candidacy at the county election board that is the parent county for the office.
The declaration must be notarized by a Notary Public.
Requirements for school board members include: board members must live within the district they serve, have lived in the district for at least six months, have been a registered voter within the district for six months.
Additionally, board members are required to have a high school diploma or the equivalent certificate.
Board members also cannot be currently employed by the school district governed by the board, or related to any of the other board members or any employee of the school district.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense