Filing for Norman City Council posts opens Monday
Norman candidates can file Monday through Wednesday for the mayor's post and city council seats in Wards 1, 3, 5 and 7.
NORMAN — Filing for four city council seats and the mayor's post opens Monday and will continue through Wednesday.
Candidates can file between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily at the Cleveland County Election Board, 641 E Robinson St.
Mayor Cindy Rosenthal said Friday she will seek a third three-year term. Businessman Tom Sherman has announced he will run against her.
Up for election this year are seats in Wards 1, 3, 5 and 7, all two-year terms. The election is April 2.
Incumbents in each of the wards have announced they will seek re-election, and two of the candidates have drawn announcements from opponents.
In Ward 1, Roger Gallagher will seek a second term.
Businessman Greg Heiple has announced he will run against him.
Ward 7 incumbent Linda Lockett said she will seek a second term.
Resident Stephen Tyler Holman, who opposed her first run for the council seat, has said he will vie for the position again. Lockett is a retired small business owner. Holman works for Astronomics.
Ward 3 incumbent Robert Castleberry, an accountant, who was appointed in August when Councilman Hal Ezzell resigned, will seek a full term.
Ward 5 incumbent Dave Spaulding, a small-business owner, has announced his candidacy for a second term. Neither candidate has drawn an official announcement from an opponent.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims