The theme of this year’s film series is “Escape From Freedom,” borrowed from the title of a book by social theorist Erich Fromm. The book describes Fromm’s theories of humanity’s views on freedom and what the world is like without it. The book will be available for purchase at all film screenings in the series.
For more information about the series, call 208-5472 or visit www.okcu.edu/film-lit/.
Other films and dates in the Oklahoma City University Film Institute series are:
* Krzysztof Kieslowski’s “The Double Life of Véronique,” Nov.4
* Asghar Farhadi’s “A Separation,” Jan. 27
* So Yong Kim’s “Treeless Mountain,” Feb. 10
* Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne’s “The Kid with a Bike,” Feb. 24
* Bruce Beresford’s “Breaker Morant,” March 10