Finalists chosen for Whizzer White Award
WASHINGTON (AP) — Jason Witten of the Dallas Cowboys and Charles Tillman of the Chicago Bears are among five finalists for the Byron "Whizzer" White Award presented by the NFL Players' Association.
The other finalists announced Wednesday are Charlie Batch of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chad Greenway of the Minnesota Vikings and Benjamin Watson of the Cleveland Browns.
The award recognizes players who go above and beyond to perform community service in their team cities and hometowns. It is named for former player and Supreme Court Justice Byron Raymond "Whizzer" White.
The winner will announced next week before the Super Bowl.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena