Fire destroys roof of Bethany house
Investigators think a house fire in Bethany was caused by an electrical wiring problem in the roof.
BETHANY — A fire burned the roof off a house Thursday, but firefighters saved the rest of the structure, Fire Chief Scott Schroder said.
Two adult occupants saw smoke coming from an air vent from the roof of their house in the 7600 block of NW 20, and firefighters responded shortly after 12:05 p.m.
“All the fire was in the attic. There really wasn't any fire damage in the house, but it burned the roof off it,” Schroder said.
He said investigators think the fire was caused by an electrical wiring problem in the roof.
The damage to the house is estimated to be about $134,000, he said.
The American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma assisted the family of four.
Firefighters also rescued a cat from the house.
Warr Acres and Yukon fire departments assisted in extinguishing the fire.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located