Fire destroys roof of Bethany house
Investigators think a house fire in Bethany was caused by an electrical wiring problem in the roof.
BETHANY — A fire burned the roof off a house Thursday, but firefighters saved the rest of the structure, Fire Chief Scott Schroder said.
Two adult occupants saw smoke coming from an air vent from the roof of their house in the 7600 block of NW 20, and firefighters responded shortly after 12:05 p.m.
“All the fire was in the attic. There really wasn't any fire damage in the house, but it burned the roof off it,” Schroder said.
He said investigators think the fire was caused by an electrical wiring problem in the roof.
The damage to the house is estimated to be about $134,000, he said.
The American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma assisted the family of four.
Firefighters also rescued a cat from the house.
Warr Acres and Yukon fire departments assisted in extinguishing the fire.