A firefighter suffered a back injury in a three-alarm blaze at a northwest Oklahoma City home.
The firefighter — whose name was not released — suffered a minor back injury when he fell off a ledge. He was treated at the scene, Oklahoma City fire Battalion Chief Brian Stanaland said.
About 6:50 p.m., firefighters were called to 6205 Latham Court. Firefighters found smoke coming from the front and back of the house, and the fire extended into the attic. Crews pulled out of the house and the roof collapsed. The firefight lasted more than an hour before it was extinguished, Stanaland said.
The residents were at home at the time of the fire, but they were not hurt and the fire did not damage neighboring houses, he said.
The fire was started by an electrical short in a back bedroom closet, and the house is being considered a total loss, Stanaland said. Damage is estimated at $100,000.