Remote-tax firewall is gradually eroding
KINDLE Fire is the high-end e-book reader offered by Amazon.com. For years, Amazon has enjoyed a virtual firewall against sales tax collections on purchases made in states where Amazon doesn’t have a physical presence.
That firewall is about to get hosed.
Recent Republican acquiescence to remote sales tax collections is good news for Main Street retailers whose tax receipts fund local fire departments...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction