First lady visits Fla. 1 more time before election
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — First lady Michelle Obama is spending part of the final day of her husband's presidential campaign doing one more stop in tightly-contested Florida.
She will address supporters at an Orlando park Monday evening, and will be making one final push to get voters out to the polls on the eve of the election. Grammy Award-winning singer and Obama supporter Ricky Martin will also speak prior to the first lady.
President Barack Obama, who is touching down in several battleground states over the next two days, will eventually be joined by his wife on the campaign trail Tuesday in Iowa.
Michelle Obama spoke at rallies in Jacksonville, Daytona and Miami last week pushing Democrat's get-out-the vote efforts in Florida.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in