Fit for You: Flip flops = foot pain
Fit for you
Flip flops = foot pain
Playing in the summer sun is always more fun while wearing flip flops instead of tennis shoes, but don't be surprised if your feet start throbbing with pain. Flip flops provide no foot support, which means they should be worn in moderation for short periods of time, such as around the pool or running a few errands.
Flip flops should not be worn if you plan to be on your feet for most of the day, or if you're taking a family outing to the zoo or an amusement park. Foot injuries also are more likely to happen if you are wearing flip flops. The slip-on sandals' minimal protection or coverage, make for a greater risk of getting cuts, scrapes, puncture wounds, a heavy object smashing your foot, or even getting sun burned.
Information provided by St. Anthony Hospital and podiatrist, Dr. James Flynn. For more information or to find a physician, please call Saints Physician Referral at (405) 231-8866. For more health-related information, go to www.saintsok.com.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort