Five DIY Laundry Room Storage Ideas
I know, I know. Your laundry room is dusty, dank, and dull. Dust bunnies spin beneath the ironing board, which is wedged between the wall and the dryer. If only you could hire a carpenter to build you the laundry room of your dreams. You saw photos of show house laundry rooms and you long for one, but there is just no money to spend on it. You're giving up; glam and comfortable laundry rooms are just for the super rich, you think. Fear not, ladies and gents! Five DIY bloggers posted their CHEAP DIY laundry room makeovers on Hometalk.com, and I am sharing their brilliant ideas with you. The laundry room renovation ideas I am sharing are all storage solutions, because (at least in my mind) building effective storage into a laundry room is the foundation of the room's design.
Install cabinets over the washer and dryer: DIY blogger Jennifer from Blissfully Ever After created this totally rocking example of laundry room cabinet storage. Jennifer updated prefabricated cabinets above her washer and dryer. The cabinet set includes two cabinets with doors and one open shelving space. She painted it bright white, and it totally brightened her laundry room, not to mention that it added mega storage space. The cost? $100!
Decorative ironing station: This idea is so smart that I want to smack myself for not thinking of it. I am jealous of the aesthetic sense of DIY blogger DeeDee of Clover House. DeeDee mounted a cabinet door on the wall of her laundry room, and hung her ironing board from decorative hooks that she affixed to the cabinet door. Sounds simple; looks like a million bucks. With a repurposed cabinet door, you could create this laundry room storage solution for next to nothing. DeeDee avoided having to hire a Dallas handyman to do the installation, as her sweetheart did it. You should have such good fortune, too.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers