Shaun Lewis has become a mainstay on the Oklahoma State defense, using his intelligence, instincts and versatility to make plays in a variety of ways at strongside linebacker.
Would you guess the preseason All-Big 12 selection is also a self-proclaimed master pool player?
That revelation and more in this week’s edition of Five Factoids.
1. I started off playing center as my first (football) position. I was like 5 or 6 when I started. I played linebacker and running back throughout middle school, but then my freshman year of high school, I permanently moved to linebacker. I’d rather be the person hitting someone than the receiving the hits.
2. I’m a big pool player. Just being bored in the summer, finding something constructive to do. I’d play at The Grove, the apartments over there by where I stay. I actually got into it this summer. I got pretty good real fast. I’ve beaten people without them even making a ball in.
3. I want to get into hunting when I’m done with football. I’ve been out hunting one time.
4. I have an older brother who’s in the Navy. I have a younger brother who’s in the 10th grade and is 6-2. I have a younger sister who’s in the ninth grade. My dad played at the same high school Vince Young played at. My mom is goofy like me.
5. Caleb (Lavey) encourages me (to joke off the field). He brings out the goofy in me. When we’re not on the field, we’re just joking around about anything. Just being real goofy, enjoying life and enjoying this experience.