Oklahoma City Energy FC kicks off its first of three regular season meetings with Sacramento Republic FC at 7 p.m. Saturday. Here are my five joules to the match.
* Sacramento Republic FC is an expansion team just like Oklahoma City. They have won four of their eight road matches but haven’t lost since mid-April. Forward Thomas Stewart leads the team with four goals scored, and five different players have scored two goals on the season.
Sacramento has used two goalkeepers somewhat equally through 13 games this season. Dominik Jakubek has played in eight games. He has 15 saves and a 0.903 goals allowed average. Jacob Gleeson has played five games and has 16 saves to go along with a 1.377 GAA.
* Speaking of goalkeepers, Jon Kempin was named to the USL Pro Team of the Week for week 12 after stopping a season-high five shots in a 2-2 draw with Wilmington last week. The Sporting Kansas City loanee said OKC has gotten a lot more comfortable with eachother since its six-game losing streak in May.
* Speaking of Sporting KC loanees, Coach Jimmy Nielsen said there is no reason Mikey Lopez shouldn’t play 90 minutes. Lopez was loaned to Oklahoma City from Sporting KC last week, making a reserve appearance in Wilmington and playing the entire match against Charlotte.
* Kyle Greig leads Oklahoma City with four goals scored this season however, Greig is out with a left ankle injury and will not play. Greig has played in all but one match this season. Philip Lund, who has battled injuries all season is out again with a leg injury.
* Oklahoma City is currently in a four-way tie for ninth place in the USL Pro’s latest table. Harrisburg, Dayton and Arizona each have 11 points, joining Energy FC. All four teams got to this position with three wins and two draws.