Five-minute guide to high school football: 6A No. 5 Jenks, No. 4 Broken Arrow to face off
Jenks and Broken Arrow will meet in the final regular-season battle between the East’s Big Four.
Most intriguing matchup
Class 6A No. 5 Jenks (3-2) at No 4 Broken Arrow (3-2)
• Why bother: Both of these teams have already had their showdowns with Tulsa Union and Owasso, with both beating Owasso and falling to Union. So this is the final regular-season battle between the East’s Big Four. This game is likely to decide District 6A-2, although that could be a mixed blessing if Union and Owasso win out, because of playoff pairings. Jenks’ offense was expected to be explosive and after a slow start has put up 145 points over the last two games. Broken Arrow’s offense has been potent as well, but the Tigers’ defense has held their last two opponents to a combined seven points.
• The pick: Jenks 27, Broken Arrow 25
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister