Five-minute guide to high school football: Deer Creek has something to prove against Carl Albert
The Antlers have blown through opponents so far, but last year they lost 35-0 to Carl Albert. The Titans have had a rough start but have been improving.
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Rams pulled off the stunner last year in this game in a shootout, but Union won't have a letdown in this one as it starts district play in a big way.
Class 6A No. 9 Mustang (3-0) at Norman (2-1)
Plot: Mustang came into the season with plenty to prove after last year's 3-7 season. Norman's circumstances were different, but the Tigers also wanted to show that they'd be just fine in the post-Donovan Roberts era. The Broncos have matched their 2011 win total already after blowing out Stillwater last week. After a heartbreaking loss to Norman North to start the year Norman has bounced back with a pair of wins heading into district play.
Starring: In his first year as the full-time starter at quarterback, Frankie Edwards has been nothing short of excellent for Mustang. He's run for 281 yards and four touchdowns and thrown for 602 yards and five touchdowns without an interception. Norman has senior quarterback Zach Long, the son of former OU offensive coordinator Chuck Long, leading the way with Zac Uhles, a Tulsa commit, blocking for him up front.
The pick: Mustang 28, Norman 20
Mustang's offense has been one of the most potent in Class 6A since Ty Prestidge took over there. Even last season, the offense put up plenty of points, but defensive struggles hurt. Early on, Mustang's defense has been solid and that makes a difference as the Broncos improve to 4-0.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims