Five Oklahoma City Barons to watch
Four Barons players probably will join the Edmonton Oilers when NHL players and owners reach a new labor agreement, but will play with the Oklahoma City Barons during the lockout. Magnus Paajarvi and Teemu Hartikainen probably are competing for one spot in Edmonton
NewsOK Related Articles
Pos. Player (age): background
C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (19): The No. 1 overall pick in 2011 played in 62 games with Edmonton last season.
C Jordan Eberle (22): Has scored 52 goals and has 67 assists in 147 career NHL games.
D Justin Schultz (22): Hasn't played in the NHL, but is viewed as a future star after three years at Wisconsin.
F Teemu Hartikainen (22): Has appeared in 29 NHL games and was a key player for the Barons last season.
F Magnus Paajarvi (21): Former first-round pick, 10th overall in 2009, has played in 121 NHL games. He played a key role in the Barons' playoff run last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister