Fla. police: Man left baby in pit bull's care
PALM COAST, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is charged with child neglect after allegedly leaving his 10-month-old baby in the care of his pit bull while he went to a bar.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office says 41-year-old James Irvine of Palm Coast was arrested early Saturday.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/XyAeU8 ) reports the child's mother called police after learning Irvine left the baby alone while he went out to drink. She was at work at the time.
A police report says he told her the "pit bull was watching the baby." The child was in his bedroom with the door shut when she came home. A deputy reported the dog was sitting outside the room.
It's not known whether Irvine has an attorney.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M