Flames activate Backlund, send Baertschi to AHL
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — The Calgary Flames activated center Mikael Backlund from injured reserve on Saturday and sent left wing Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford of the American Hockey League to make room on the roster.
Backlund was out more than four weeks with a Grade 2 medial collateral ligament sprain suffered Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 23-year-old has three goals, an assist and a minus-1 rating in eight games with the Flames.
Baertschi started the season with Abbotsford, playing 21 games with six goals and 12 assists. He joined the Flames for the start of the NHL season, but suffered a hip flexor injury that forced him to miss 11 games. He has an assist and a minus-2 rating in 10 NHL games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit