Flames place Kiprusoff, Backlund on IR
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — The Calgary Flames have placed goalie Miikka Kiprusoff and center Mikael Backlund on injured reserve on Friday.
Kiprusoff was injured in Calgary's 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday.
Kiprusoff was added to the IR retroactively and is considered day to day with a lower-body injury. Backlund is expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks.
The Flames have activated defenseman Anton Babchuk while center Michael Cammalleri remains day to day with a hip flexor and rookie Sven Baertschi is still week to week with a hip flexor.
The team also recalled center Ben Street from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Street leads the Abbotsford Heat this season with 12 goals and 19 assists in 44 games. He signed with Calgary last summer as a free agent.
Calgary's next game is Saturday night in Vancouver against the Canucks.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction