‘Flawed’ police work prompts Oklahoma County DA to drop charges in Carina Saunders slaying
Unsubstantiated accounts of Carina Saunders’ slaying led prosecutors to dismiss case against Jimmy Lee Massey Jr. and Luis E. Ruiz. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is now handling the case.
Prosecutors dismissed murder charges against two men because Bethany police investigators submitted unsubstantiated paperwork in their rush to make an arrest in the dismemberment killing of a 19-year-old Mustang woman, The Oklahoman has learned.
Probable cause affidavits used to arrest and charge Jimmy Lee Massey Jr. and Luis Enrique Ruiz with the killing of Carina Saunders contained conflicting witness statements that did not support...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims