Flip's Wine Bar & Trattoria maintains its tradition of 'red sauce' Italian classics
Open almost 25 years, Flip's was one of the first "red sauce" Italian restaurants to make Oklahoma City home and it's a tradition its management is proud to continue. Though the menu is always changing, long-time customers will never fail to find country Italian classics.
Photoview all photos
11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday to Sunday
One of the biggest sellers is Mama's meat sauce — a hearty blend of Italian spices, tender meat and tomatoes that takes two full days to make. Mitschke said she's particularly proud of the alfredo sauce, which is a simple mixture of heavy cream and real Italian parmesan cheese.
Those watching their waists are always drawn to the pescatore — a cold seafood pesto salad served over chilled spinach linguini — or the ever-popular healthy grill, in which customers choose between shrimp, chicken, salmon or tuna over a bed of lettuce with plenty of Italian-style vegetables.
Of course those watching the clock also love Flip's, which stays open until 1:30 a.m. seven days a week.
"You always know that after a rock show or just if you're up late, you can come in to Flip's can get a great pizza at 12:45," Mitschke said. "We're always there, every day, for our customers."
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort