Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
e water is rising,” Smith said. Smith said he did not know if anyone was hurt. Terry Floyd, El Reno spokesman, said El Reno firefighters used a boat to reach a woman and her two children who were stranded about 9:30 a.m. just north of SH66 at Richland Road. The mother and children weren’t hurt. Water had surrounded their home. Firefighters used an aluminum motor boat to get through flooded areas. In Yukon, people were removing traffic barriers and driving into high water, police spokeswoman Klare Ly said. Ly said police wrote citations to people who removed barriers. High water areas were reported on State Highway 4 from Ash Street to Wilshire Boulevard, Wagner Road from 11th Street to Sara Road, Richland Road from Foreman Street and Wilshire Boulevard and Mustang Road at Vandament Avenue. In northwest Oklahoma City, two creeks went over their banks and threatened to flood a house at 14705 NW 23, causing firefighters to rescue two adults and three children after the water prevented them from leaving.
Flooding prompts rescues in parts of OKC metro
Videoview all videos
Aug 19Valerie Wagner and her children are rescued from flooding...
Aug 19Jack Wagner talks about his family's El Reno flood...
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction