Florence utility worker dies after electric shock

Published on NewsOK Modified: June 6, 2014 at 8:08 am •  Published: June 6, 2014
Advertisement
;

FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — A utility worker has died after being electrocuted while working to repair a damaged electrical line.

Florence Mayor Mickey Haddock says the electricity department employee was on an electrical pole and touched a hot line. He died at Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital on Thursday shortly after the accident.

Officials say a tree had fallen in the area, disrupting power in parts of the city. The man's name was not released.