Florida task force recommends preserving Stand Your Ground law
From news.yahoo.com; TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Reuters) - A blue-ribbon task force on Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law formally recommended against repealing the statute, which is at the core of the legal defense in the fatal shooting last year of teenager Trayvon Martin.
Florida Governor Rick Scott appointed the task force to help allay a national furor over guns and race following the February 26, 2012, shooting of the 17-year-old black youth in Sanford, Florida. ...
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes