Flowers inactive for Chiefs' opener vs Atlanta
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers has been ruled out for their season opener against Atlanta, leaving Kansas City without four key players on defense.
Flowers had practiced sparingly this week with a bum right heel that's hampered him since late July. He was listed as questionable on Friday's injury report.
The Chiefs were already without Pro Bowl linebacker Tamba Hali, who is suspended for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. Safety Kendrick Lewis has a sore right shoulder and defensive tackle Anthony Toribio is out with a right ankle injury.
Linebacker Derrick Johnson will play Sunday after hurting his ankle in their preseason finale.
Running back Jason Snelling was active for Atlanta after missing much of training camp with a right calf injury. He participated fully in practice on Friday.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive